Jane Fraher, owner of Riverview Farms in Topsfield, is accepting students for the 2019 Equestrian Summer Program for boys and girls ages 7 - 15.
Jane makes the program fun with a variety of activities offered in addition to daily riding lessons. The kids will learn horse care and handling; parts of the horse and tack and kids will gain the self-discipline required to understand and control the horse which instills a sense of responsibility and enhances task concentration in the rider. Jane hosts fabulous and fun pizza parties on Fridays.
Equestrian program for girls and boys ages 7-15
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- June 24th - June 30th
- July 8th - July 12th
- July 22nd - July 26th
- August 5th - August 9th
- August 19th - August 23th
- Improved balance and muscle strength.
- Improved coordination, faster reflexes and increased motor planning.
- Stretching of tight or spastic muscles.
- Decreased spasticity.
- Increased range of motion of joints.
- Improved respiration and circulation.
- Stimulates sensory integration.
- Improved visual spatial perception.
- Improved eye-hand coordination.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Improved risk-taking abilities.
- Development of patience.
- Emotional control and self-discipline
- Expansion of locus of control.
- Development of respect and care for animals.