Joppa Flats Education Center helps families beat the blahs and keep minds active and hands busy during school break! Head out into the wild with kids and families for great outdoor explorations this April vacation. For families with children ages 3 and up, School and Youth Education Coordinator Lisa Hutchings heads a program where kids will to learn all about the "nursery of the sea" with our salt marsh science stations including live minnow ID, salinity experiments, and a chance to meet some of the live inhabitants of the salt marsh.
Your family can begin with our "indoor forest scavenger hunt" and we've added a few art projects to make and take home. If the rain lets up, School and Youth Education Coordinator Lisa Hutchings will take families on a short hike into the salt marsh behind the Education Center so bring your boots!
- Registration not required.
- Suitable for children ages 3-16 yrs
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Themes are subject to change.
- Please dress for the weather since some activities may take place outdoors.