Audubon Nature Festival 2013
Enjoy ongoing activities throughout the day at our 14th Annual Audubon Nature Festival. The entrance fee for the festival is $12 per car (members and nonmembers). Save a tree and get $2 off at the gate if you mention that you saw this online - no need to print out a coupon!
This year's special feature will be live owl presentations by Marcia and Mark Wilson of Eyes On Owls. Come see live owls up close, learn about their natural history, and join in a hooting lesson.
At the festival you'll be able to:
- Crawl inside our demonstration beaver lodge
- Learn about solar power, sustainability, and being green
- Have fun in a Kindermusik Adventure
- Enjoy nature walks
- Visit a different world through a microscope
- Get body art with henna
- Have your face painted
- Take part in children's games and activities
- See live reptiles and amphibians
- Visit an insect zoo
- Check out craft demonstrations
- Join naturalist-guided walks & pond explorations
- Watch demonstrations on composting
- Get instruction planting to attract wildlife
- Guided tours of our butterfly & bird habitat gardens
There's also food, a bake sale, and much more, including a Plant Sale! Our plant sale features plants that will attract butterflies and hummingbirds to your garden. Sanctuary garden volunteers will be on hand to give guided tours of our nature gardens and advice on plant selection and gardening.