Join us at Glen Urquhart School in Beverly Farms Sunday, November 4th from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. for our family-friendly North Shore Nature Fair. Pre-K through grade eight students will enjoy hands-on activities and nature-based projects, coordinated by GUS educators and like-minded partners from across the North Shore, will be situated across our 23-acre campus.
The GUS campus features a nature trail, woodlands and marsh, an athletic field, and outdoor and greenhouse classrooms. Partners include Kestrel Educational Partners, Change is Simple, Mass Audubon, The Food Project, Beverly Bootstraps, and more!
GUS embraces child-led exploration in the classroom and across the natural environment of the North Shore. Enjoy Director of Lower School, Sarah Kotwicki's recent article, "Nature Makes Us Kinder," on the importance of spending time in nature. Sarah writes, "The diverse landscape on which our school sits provides wonderful indoor and outdoor classrooms. Our wetlands, open meadows, and interesting topography support the kind of teaching and learning our founders dreamed of."
Admission is free and complimentary cider and seasonal snacks will be served.
Participating partners include:
- Backyard Growers (link is external) - Creating life-long gardners inspired by the power of growing one's own food.
- Beyond Benign (link is external) - Providing the tools, training, and support to integrate green chemistry into education.
- Change is Simple (link is external) - Instilling social and environmental responsibility in children through experiential and project-based learning.
- Cuvilly Arts and Earth Center (link is external) - Modeling ecological sustainability through programs in education, agriculture and the arts.
- The Food Project (link is external) - Creating a productive community from diverse backgrounds working together to build a sustainable food system.
- Ipswich River Nature Preschool (link is external) - Offering a nature preschool for 3-5 year olds located at Endicott Wildlife Sanctuary in Wenham.
- Kestrel Educational Adventures (link is external) - Connecting people of all ages with meaningful learning adventures in the natural world.
- Mass Audubon's Joppa Flats Education Center (link is external) - Opportunities to explore the Merrimack River region's wildlife-rich habitats.
- Merrohawke Nature School (link is external)- Providing meaningful outdoor nature connection programs at sea and on land, for all ages.
- North Shore Nursery School (link is external) - Celebrating the wonder of childhood through an exceptional early education.
Admission is free and complimentary cider and seasonal snacks will be served. Please bring a canned good to donate to our Beverly Bootstraps Thanksgiving food drive.