The Trustees and Notch Brewing are partnering to bring a series of family-friendly, outdoor ‘biergarten’ experiences to some of our parks, farms, and cultural sites this year. Each biergarten will present family-friendly activities, snacks & refreshments, and will highlight each location’s unique character, history, and natural wonders.
The weekends will feature locally crafted session (low alcohol) beer for sale by Notch, which grows its barley and malt locally in Hadley, MA. The biergartens are modeled after European-style, outdoor beer gardens growing in popularity both nationally and internationally as more and more people look for ways to enjoy leisure time together with family and friends.
Here's what's happening at the Castle Hill Biergarten...
- Try our landscape-inspired eye spy
- Borrow a yard ball or Frisbee from the toy bin
- Play over-sized checkers or chess
- Enjoy spectacular views overlooking Crane Beach
- Bring a picnic lunch from home or grab a sandwich or salad at the Great House Cafe.
- The Great House will be open for tours 10 am - 4 pm (last tours depart at 3 pm).