Cruiseport Gloucester and The Open Door invite you to a celebration of community spirit! Join us as we mark our 40th Anniversary of service and kick off the 2018 Thanksgiving Food Drive season with a morning of community celebration. Last year The Open Door programs served more than 7,747 people living in 10 cities and towns in the northeast corner of Essex County. We are committed to providing a Holiday Basket to every person in need this Thanksgiving, but we will need your help! A $30 donation will provide a thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings to a family in need! RSVP today!
We are recognizing some special people that morning.
- Helen Muise Community Service Award
- Jeff and Nancy McKeen, Food Pantry
- Janice Noftle, Family Supper
- Chris Pitman, Second Glance
- Charlotte Pope Service Award
- Ben Steele, Community Meals
- Unsung Hero
- Sheree Zizik, Beauport Hospitality Group
- Outstanding Community Partner
- Addison Gilbert Hospital, Lahey Health
The mission of The Open Door is to alleviate the impact of hunger in our community. They use practical strategies to connect people to good food, to advocate on behalf of those in need, and to engage others in the work of building food security. The Open Door is committed to providing a Holiday Basket to every person in need this Thanksgiving, but we will need your help! If you can't make it, please consider donating $30 today for a holiday basket.