Red Cross Babysitter Certification Course
Hamilton-Wenham Public Library invites kids aged 11 older to a course designed by the American Red Cross to prepare youth with the training every parent wants in a babysitter: safety, basic child care, safe play, first aid and critical emergency skills, and professional leadership and care-giving skills.
In class, you learn how to:
- Respond to emergencies with first aid.
- Make good decisions under pressure.
- Communicate effectively with parents.
- Recognize safety and hygiene issues.
- Manage young children.
- Feed, diaper and care for infants.
- Start your babysitting business.
Students should bring a bag lunch, drink, and a pencil to class. Each participant receives a complete Babysitter’s Training Participant’s Set, as well as the certificate which does not expire. ARC will mail certificates to the Library after the course. Participants must then come to the Library's Reference desk to pick up their certificate.
Register at the main desk on the second floor of the library.
Things To Do & Events This Week!
Apps for Kids