Come on down to the Essex Shipbuilding Museum for Salty Dog Day - a fun celebration of the long history of dogs in the maritime trades! This family event is a wonderful opportunity to wander around the Museum and have fun with your family and pets! Salty Dog Day features water rescue demonstrations, an agility course, a costume parade, vendors, hot dogs and more!
On the Schedule:
- A doggy costume parade
- Activities for dogs and children
- Newfoundlands doing water and carting demonstrations
- Fit-n-Trim Dog Training will have dogs giving an agility demonstration.
- Boston Snow Dogs will be giving a mushing demonstration
- Hear the story of Guerriere the Terrier who was aboard the USS Constitution
Skippy's Adventure - a story about the Schooner Adventure's dog
- Live Music presented by Livin' on Luck.
- And, food, of course!
There will also be vendors at the popular Barque Avenue.
If that weren't enough, there will an opening reception at the end of the afternoon for the Museum's new exhibit: Salty Dogs: A Maritime Legacy.
Winners of the photo contest being run through the Salty Dog Day Facebook page will be part of the exhibit.