YMCA of the North Shore offers child care programs for children ages 6 weeks through middle school. The Y's provide a safe, nurturing environment for children to learn, grow, thrive, and have fun.
Come tour our Y preschools and discover why YMCA of the North Shore programs excel at nurturing the potential of every child. Speak with our educators and see the program in action.
WHY THE Y?
- Through our Creative Curriculum, children learn by engaging with their environment through hands-on exploration.
- Curiosity and imaginative play is at the forefront of learning!
- Children develop strong social and emotional skills with the support of experienced, certified and dedicated staff.
- Early literacy and language development ensure kindergarten readiness.
- Each day children enjoy enrichment programs like swim lessons, gymnastics, dance, music and outdoor play—included in tuition and available only at the Y!
- Our low staff-to-child ratios give your preschooler one-on-one interaction with teachers.
- The Y builds community. We offer workshops for parents and healthy living events that focus on fun and fitness as well as social events that grow family’s friendships and connections to the community.
- Safety is top-priority! Our high safety standards meet or exceed all local and state guidelines.
- Flexible schedules ideal for working families and stay-at-home parents.
At the Y, we believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success. That’s why our child care, afterschool and Child Watch programs are staffed with people who understand the cognitive, physical and social development of kids and the need children have to feel connected and supported in trying new things. At the Y, babies develop trust and security, preschoolers experience early literacy and learn about their world and school-age kids make friends, learn new skills and do their homework. Most importantly, children learn how to be their best selves. That makes for confident kids today, and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow. Everyone belongs at the Y, regardless of income. Learn more about Financial Assistance for our Child Care and Day Camp programs.