Thursday Night Picnic Concerts at Castle Hill
Pack a picnic and bring your dancing shoes to Castle Hill on the Crane Estate in Ipswich for a diverse series of concerts that are sure to entertain! Every Thursday Night July 5 - August 30, 2012, come enjoy a picnic concert with the kids under the stars on the Grande Alllée at the Castle Hill on the Crane Estate. Enjoy a new style of music each week!
Explore the newly restored landscaped lawn and try the family Eye Spy featuring statuary and architecture. Don’t miss the weekly raffle and membership promotion. Let our lawn be your summertime playground.
Concerts start at 7PM and end at 9PM. Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
- July 5: The Blushing Brides | Rolling Stones Tribute Band
- July 12: HELP! | Beatles Tribute Band
- July 19: David Wax Museum | Folk Rock
- July 26: Grupo Fantasia | Latin
- August 2: The BaHa Brothers | Summer Music / Jimmy Buffet / Beach Boys
- August 9: Beantown Swing | Big Band Swing
- August 16: Inner Visions | Authentic Caribbean Reggae
- August 23: Entrain | Rock Funk Jam Band
- August 30: Orville Giddings Band | Boogie Blues
If a concert is canceled due to weather, we will update this page at 3PM on the day of the show.
Castle Hill is proud to partner with the following vendors for your convenience:
- Ipswich Shellfish Fish Market Picnic Suppers
- Salads of local greens with grilled chicken, salmon, or steak tips
- Cookies and cupcakes.
- Pre-order sandwiches and picnic fare at 978.356.6166.
- Picnic menu available online.
- Pre-order at 978.412.4138 and they will bring it to Castle Hill in the cow truck.
- White Farms Homemade Ice Cream Ice Cream
- Q's Sweet Roasted Nuts - Popcorn, nuts, candy, water, and soda.
Cost: Members: $20/car. Nonmembers: $30/car. If a car has more than 6 passengers, each additional passenger will be charged $5.
- Tickets available at the gate only.
- Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.