February Vacation Week Programs at MIT Museum
Robotics, nanotechnology, engineering, marine technology and boat building, sustainable fashion, a builyour own skyscraper challenge and more are waiting for kids at MIT Museum during February Vacation week! Every year, during the Massachusetts school vacation week in February, the MIT Museum celebrates National Engineers Week with engineering-specific activities, workshops, and afternoon demonstrations led by MIT students. Drop in activities, workshops and demonstrations will be happening all week long and the will conclude with a special presentation on Saturday afternoon.
All drop-in actitivites are appropriate for ages 10 and up, and free with Museum admission. No pre-registration required. Two hour workshops are available for middle and high school students - pre-registration is required.
Monday, February 17, 2014
- Drop in Activities: Hands on Robotics 10am-1pm
- Workshop: Visualizing Science 10:30am-12:30pm or 1-3pm
- MIT Student Inventor Showcase 1:30-3:30pm
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
- Drop in Activities: Nautical Engineering - Learn to build boats! 10am-12pm
- Workshop: Fish and Ships 10:30am-12:30pm or 1-3pm
Demonstration: How to be an Engineer 1:30-3:30pm
- Student Grace Young talks about living in an underwater research vessel.
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
- Drop in Activities: Mathematical Contraptions with MIT Xplore 10am-12pm
- Workshop: Intro to Robotics 10:30am-12:30pm or 1-3pm
How to be an Engineer 1:30-3:30pm
- Graduate Student and inventor Nikolai Begg discusses life as an engineering student, and kids will take on and engineering challenge.
Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Girls Day!
- Drop in Activities: Silly Circuits 10am-12pm
- Workshop: Hello Holography 10:30am-12:30pm or 1-3pm
- Demonstrations MIT UA Sustainability Committee: Sustainable Fashion 1-3pm
Friday, February 21, 2014
- Drop in Activities: Skyscraper Building Challenge 10am-1pm
- Workshop: Structural Engineering 10:30am-12:30pm or 1-3pm
- Demonstration: Intro to 3D Printing 1:30-3:30pm
Saturday, Feburary 22, 2014
- Build your own Multimedia Chain Reaction 1-3pm