Messy Art Night
Get ready to make a great big mess at the 6th Annual Messy Art Night! At this event, children move freely from station to station learning about different art techniques, directly from local artists! BRING A SMOCK, bring a friend & get ready to PAINT, SCULPT, DRAW & more! Healthy snacks will be sold. The public is welcome.
Two goals for Messy Art night are:
- To publicize the vibrant art world in and around Cape Ann
- To inspire Essex residents to create their own art by trying a variety of artistic mediums and techniques.
All of the festivities will be held in the cafeteria and hallways of Essex Elementary School. 200 + people are expected to attend and will have plenty of room to move freely from station to station talking with artists and trying out a variety of art techniques.
Hosted by the Essex Elementary PTO, this night provides hands-on opportunities for children to explore many varied types of art mediums.
Confirmed artists include:
- Alison Odle – project TBD
- Cape Ann Art Haven – clay pot throwing
- Artcie’s Erin Clark – group block-printing project
- Cheryl Mulvey – project TBD
- Chris Williams – sculpture of plaster and found objects
- Christine Garrigan – tie-dye squares
- Jennifer Romans – weaving
- Jessica Hughes – painting with non-traditional objects
- Joan Bediz – project TBD
- Kathleen McHugh – project TBD
- Kristen Wilson - mosaics
- Margaret Sweet – 3-D wood sculptures of castles and cities
- Scott Mulcahey – project TBD
This night has gone "green!" Please bring your own smock or dress in old clothes.
Admission is $5 per participant or $15 per family
Kids ages 5 - 10