The Saugus Veterans Council Memorial Day Parade will start on Jackson Street at 9:00 am to Cliftondale Square along Lincoln Avenue to Central Street then onto Winter Street to the Veterans’ lot at Riverside Cemetery for graveside services including an invocation and a '21 Gun Salute'. The parade will re-form and march to Saugus Town Hall for the memorial ceremony with Grand Marshall, Norm Hansen and Keynote Speaker, LCDR Stephen Harris.
- All veterans are welcome to participate and join in the parade.
- Saugus Residents are urged to cheer the marchers along the parade route.
- The services will include the singing of the national anthem, Keynote speaker - Lt. Commander Steve Harris, and the flagging of the graves.
- Following the services, those who marched in the parade will proceed to the Marine Cpl. Scott J. Procopio American Legion Post 210 on 44 Taylor Street, Saugus, for a collation.
In addition to the parade there are other events scheduled throughout the day including:
- Reenactors of WWI, Vietnam and Korea
- Field equipment displays
- A 5k/10k Gold Star Run for Honor
- “Women’s Memorial Tree” Dedication at Veteran’s Park celebrating women veterans