Calling all runners and walkers--and their children--who love our North Shore beaches. Sign up for the Annual Coastal 5K Run for the Beach! Enjoy a green road race* on a great course while helping to protect our local beaches and marine life! The course starts at Dane Street Beach, goes through wooded residential side streets to the Lighthouse at Hospital Point, loops back through historic Beverly to Independence Park and ends with more ocean views.
Fun road race featuring:
- A Stroller Division
- Team Competition
- Chip timing
- Great course with ocean views
- Door prizes
- Ocean Setting at Dane Street Beach with sandy beach, grassy park for picnicking, restrooms and new kids playground
- Ocean themed medals
Race Day Schedule: rain or shine
- 9:00 – 9:45 Registration
- 10 am – 5K Start
- 10:45 am – Awards Ceremony & Raffles
- 11:15 – Kids ½ mi Coastal Hill Challenge
This is a green road race (no bottled water; everything recycled or composted).
Proceeds from this event will be used for water quality and salt marsh monitoring, training Adopt a Beach volunteers to identify sources of pollution on their beaches, teaching elementary and middle school children in our School to Sea program to be stewards of our coastal environment.
The 5K course, which starts and finishes at Lynch Park, is on gentle, rolling terrain with beautiful ocean views of Salem Sound. The kids hill challenge is inside the park.
Everyone is welcome. There will be free admission to the park, raffles, a marine touch tank with critters from the sea to look at and touch, free samples, massage and more.
* This is a zero waste event - no bottled water and everything will be composted or recycled. Feel free to bring your own water bottle; we provide the water.