Come to this once-a-year event sponsored by the Firends of EES and meet local artists as they share their crafts with hands-on projects designed for kids. There will be opportunities to work with paint, sculpture, clay, printmaking, wood and more. Join the fun in the school cafeteria. This is a free event.
Two goals for Messy Art night are:
- To publicize the vibrant art world in and around Cape Ann
- To inspire Essex residents to create their own art by trying a variety of artistic mediums and techniques.
Hosted by the Friends of the EES, this night provides hands-on opportunities for children to explore many varied types of art mediums.
Past Artists included:
- Appleton Farms: ribbon tree ornaments
- Essex Historical and Shipbuilding Museum: clam shell ornaments
- Pablo Eduardo: clay sculpture
- Kristen Wilson: decoupage palm leaf plates
- Ann Colville Somma: custom perfume
- Melia Parsloe: watercolor and salt painting
- We Dream in Colour: jewelry
- Sculpture (inspired by Chris Williams)
This night has gone "green!" Please bring your own smock or dress in old clothes.