This four-session series introduces toddlers, accompanied by a favorite adult, to the natural delights of late autumn as mammals, birds, and even plants prepare for the coming winter. We'll go out for a hike to look and listen for signs of the season. This program is also offered on Tuesdays or Fridays.
- October 29 or November 1: Life Under a Log
- What is hiding under the rocks and logs of the sanctuary? Is it a centipede? Is it a salamander? Come find the hidden treasures beneath the forest floor.
- November 5 or 8: Seeds Are Everywhere
- How many different kinds of seeds can we find? Some can fly, some can stick to us, and some act as helicopters. We will examine seeds up close and blow seeds in the wind.
- November 12 or 15: Fairy Houses
- What would happen if you built a house for the fairies? Chances are high that you would see nature's visitors first. We will read a story about fairy houses and then venture outside to create our own.
- November 19 or 22: Birds - Who Will Stay & Who Will Go?
- We will meet some of the birds that stay in our area all year long and discover where they live and what they eat. Afterwards, we will make bird feeders to take home.