Did you know that our seafood does not begin its ife in the sea? Have you ever wondered what makes the round hole in seashells on the beach? When was the last time you looked for horseshoe crabs? Now is your chance for your family to learn together about the wonders of nature. Each program will focus on conservation updates, animal and plant interrelationships, changing environmental conditions, and an appreciation for the beauty and diversity of our surroundings. Each experience will leave you excited for the next one!
- Suitable for children ages 7-13.
- Meet at Joppa Flats Education Center.
- Meet at Sandy Point State Reservation upper lot, Plum Island.
- If you're staying for the optional group picnic on the beach at Sandy Point, bring all picnic paraphernalia.
- Not recommended for siblings under 6.
- Please dress for the weather with waterproof footwear.
- In the event of inclement weather, this program will be rescheduled.