Parent Education at Beverly Hospital invites you to a one-evening class to teach parents and caregivers the new innovative way to soothe a crying baby and help newborns sleep longer! This training is great for first time parents as well as “seasoned” caregivers interested in learning Dr. Harvey Karp’s methods for soothing and calming babies.
Parents will also learn:
- Why the idea of colic is due to gas pains is mostly an old wives tale
- Whey keeping the house quiet may actually be upsetting to many newborns
- Why most babies get upset in the evening
- Why its impossible to spoil your baby
- An easy way to help infants sleep a few more hours at night
- Why fathers are often the best calmer in the family.
Pre-registration is required by calling Parent Education at Beverly Hospital.
Dr. Karp's books and DVDs are available through amazon:
- The Happiest Baby on the Block
- The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Baby Sleep Longer
- The Happiest Toddler on the Block: How to Eliminate Tantrums and Raise a Patient, Respectful, and Cooperative One- to Four-Year-Old: Revised Edition
- No-cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers