Explore topics in design and engineering with artistic circuits, 3D programs, and a variety of other hands-on making and tinkering topics! Drop in each week and try out one of our many activities. Free with Museum admission for kids ages 12 and up.
- 3D Printing and Design
- Learn how to design in 3 dimensions using Tinkercad and learn how 3D printers can turn digital models into reality.
- App Inventor
- Explore MIT's App Inventor program and develop your own app for your smartphone or tablet.
- Chain Reaction
- Discover the potential of engineering improvisation as we tinker and create chain reaction contraptions.
- Kinetic Sculptures
- Create a unique moving art piece with gears, cams, linkages and pulleys.
- Paper Circuits
- Use copper tape and LEDs to create your own artistic light up cards, paper models, and more!
- Programming with Scratch
- Design your own simple video game or animation using the block-based programming language, Scratch.
- Sewn Circuits
- Construct a working and wearable circuit using LEDs, batteries, and conductive thread.
Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Programs subject to changed based on staff availability.