The The Trustees of Reservations is pleased to announce the launch of a new Dairy Share Program at Appleton Farms in Ipswich, MA. For the first time since Appleton Farms began milking cows at the farm over ten years ago, the public will be able to purchase a Full or Half Dairy Share with Appleton Farms’ very own farmstead cheese, yogurt, and milk!
The Dairy Share program starts the week of December 16 and last for 13 weeks (through March 16, 2014). Shares are available for purchase and pickup at the farm Monday – Friday, 11am – 6pm and Saturday and Sunday, 10am – 4pm.
“My family is hooked on the farm’s milk and cheese, and we love the yogurt too!” commented a dairy store patron.” We always look forward to driving down the dirt road for our farm experience. Some days it’s a quick in and out of the dairy store, other days we visit with cows, chat with a farmer, or enjoy our cheeses on the spot! We love the idea of supporting our local farmer and joining the dairy share program. We can’t wait to make Appleton Farms a regular part of our lives!”
Full Dairy Share
Includes two ½ gallons of milk (choice of skim, 1%, and whole), one ¼ lb. wedge of artisan cheese (your choice from seasonal selections) and one quart whole milk yogurt. The cost for 13 weeks is $210.00 for Trustees of Reservations members, $230.00 for nonmembers.
Half Dairy Share
Includes one ½ gallon of milk (choice of skim, 1%, and whole), one ¼ lb. wedge of artisan cheese (choice from seasonal selections) and one pint whole milk yogurt. The cost for 13 weeks is $135.00 for Trustees of Reservations members, $150.00 for nonmembers.
5 Good Reasons to Buy a Dairy Share
- It’s Local Just off Route 1A in Ipswich, Appleton Farms is one of only a handful of local direct market dairies in Massachusetts. The dairy products are made in the farm’s creamery, just steps from the dairy barn where the Jersey cows are milked.
- It’s Healthy Appleton Farms’ dairy products are made by good people with good milk from good cows raised and grazed on good land. All of Appleton Farms’ fields and pastures are managed organically, and their cows’ diet is more than 80% grass-based.
- It’s easy Members purchase their share up front for below-retail value. You can leave your wallet at home while you enjoy one-stop dairy “shopping” any day of the week.
- You’ll Save All shares are priced below retail value, and Trustees of Reservations members enjoy an additional 10% discount.
- You’ll Learn Throughout the season, Appleton Farms will invite members to meet the cows, share dairy recipes, and more!
Dairy farming at Appleton Farms is a 365-days-a-year commitment. Eating local can also be a 365-days-a-year commitment. Make your local Farm to Fridge pledge by purchasing a Dairy Share today! To learn more about the Appleton Farms’ dairy and to purchase a share, visit online, call the farm at 978.356.5728, or stop by the dairy store Monday – Friday, 11am – 6pm and Saturday & Sunday, 10am – 4pm.