The Peabody Essex Museum ants to get everybody drawing! All over the world people gather every October to doodle, sketch, think and share at Big Draw events. This year PEM joins the internationally acclaimed campaign, celebrated for its ambitious reach and simple goal: To get everyone drawing.
Scheduled events for Friday, October 4, 2013:
DROP-IN ART MAKING
- Sidewalk Painting | 5-7 pm | outside the museum's main entrance
Game for Anything | 5-7:30 pm | Atrium
- Step right up and spin the wheel to take part in this collaborative art piece. A local artist constructed this game-like art experience to explore new ways to draw, paint and create.
In the Round, On the Ground | 5-8 pm | Atrium
- Create your own large circular drawing using your entire body, some crayons and a surprise household object.
- Pictures Come to Life | 6:30-7 pm | Atrium
- Illustrator Jeff Hopkins creates an original story inspired by PEM's collection and then invites the audience to color in his larger-than-life pictures
See Saturday's Schedule: The Big Draw at PEM