The Pan-Mass Challenge Cape Ann Kids' Ride will be one of many PMC Kids Rides held in neighborhoods throughout New England and beyond. Through the PMC Kids Rides program, nearly 6,000 cyclists between the ages of two and 15 will ride between one and 26 miles in mini-bike-a-thons to raise money for cancer research.
Kids will ride their bike to raise funds to battle cancer one mile at a time! Register your child online for the PMC Bike Ride and they will have their own fundraising page. There is a $30 fundraising minimum for those who participate and all donations go directly to the Jimmy Fund.
There's a ride route for everyone! From circling Masconomo Park for the toddlers to an 11 mile road route or mountain bike trail for our more experienced kids - we've got it all! Pick a ride that best meets your interest and challenges your ability.
- Minnow – Ages 2-6 held within the confines of the Park.
- Guppy - This is a one mile stretch to Singing Beach and back.
- Striper – This route is approx.a 3 mile loop with a few hills!
- Shark's Tooth - This route is a 5 mile loop through Manchester Village, around the backside of the golf course and back.
- Whale's Tale - This is an 11 mile route through Manchester Village to Essex and back.
- Hammer Head - This is a 10 mile trail ride offering plenty of challenge and fun for the more advanced, mountain bike adventure rider. Appropriate for kids who possess trail riding abilities. This route is intended for mountain bikes only (Hybrids and road bikes will struggle).
Kids from all over are welcome to get together for fun while raising money for the Jimmy Fund to battle cancer. The POST RIDE PARTY begins as soon as the kids cross the finish line (Approx.10:30) offering all kinds of fun activities, refreshments, awards, raffle, music – and more!