At the Cape Ann Farmers' Market Solstice Market, you'll have a chance to fill your cupboard with locally produced food just in time for the holidays! Pick up last minute gifts, food and meet up with your community before hibernating with your family and friends! You could even buy a gift membership for a friend this holiday season and share lots of fun times at the market together next growing season! A gift that truly keeps on giving!
The Cape Ann Farmers Market:
- Promotes local agriculture and small scale production
- Helps boost the Cape Ann economy
- Forges community ties to propel Cape Ann into a more sustainable future
The Cape Ann Farmers’ Market provides consumers with fresh, nutrient rich food produced with environmentally benign methods and delivered with a smaller carbon footprint. Buying from local producers keeps food dollars in the local economy. The money the market ears helps foster a stronger community by:
- Acceptintg SNAP benefits (food stamps), WIC coupons, and Senior Farmers' Market coupons, increasing access to fresh, local produce for low-income families and residents.
- Providing a SNAP benefits incentives program, which provides a cash match for SNAP purchases to encourage families to use their benefits to buy fresh veggies.
- Supporting a multitude of local, small businesses, farmers, and fishermen by providing a consistent venue. This helps support our local economy and the environment!
- Partnering with Backyard Growers to support their district-wide School Garden Program.
- Establishing a free space to over thirty community partners, such as Addison Gilbert Hospital and Trustees of Reservations, who provide local health and environment resources and information.
- Creating a lively, fun community gathering place with kids' activities and local music for all to enjoy!