Salem, Massachusetts 01970
There's a mystery afoot in Motham City! Detective Ace Lacewing is on the case — and we have the mastermind at hand. Meet David Biedrzycki, author and illustrator of the Ace Lacewing series! Discover how real insects influenced his illustrations, and try some drawing techniques of your own.
The Salem MA Memorial Day Parade Schedule is as follows:
- 10am - Free trolley ride from the VFW to Commercial Street for any veteran who is unable to walk.
- 10:15am - All marching organizations will marshal on Commercial Street.
- 10:30 am - Parade departs from Commercial Street.
- 11:00 am - Memorial Day ceremony at Green Lawn cemetery. Guest speaker is USMC SGT Russ Felt, Vietnam veteran.
- 12:30 - (Approx.) Collation at the VFW, 95 Derby Street. All are welcome to attend.
Celebrate hanami, the Japanese custom of enjoying flowers and explore Japanese art and culture. Taiko drumming and lion dances. There are different ongoing activities each day during vacation week, including collaborative art, demonstrations, performances, and a family gallery tour.
Salem YMCA needs your help to win a $50k Pepsi Good Idea grant for for their Youth Creative Arts Center. Voting is free and only takes a second, so please take the time vote for the grant. This is for a good cause, and will benefit a lot of kids on the North Shore if they win. Voting ends on Monday, January 31st, 2011, so vote and spread the word: Vote for Salem YMCA Youth Creative Arts Center If you can't vote today, vote tommorow!
Crunchy Granola Baby
72 Washington Street
Crunchy Granola Baby Website
Crunchy Granola Baby is a unique shop that specializes in organic and natural items for babies and young children. Much more than a retail shop they are also a great community resource offering classes and workshops, prenatal and postpartum support to families, and free drop-in parenting support groups. Nice place + Nice people.
Accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Mon.-Wed 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Thu-Fri. 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sun, noon-4 p.m.