Saint Peter's Fiesta - Sunday
The St. Peter's Fiesta, Gloucester's annual salute to its fishermen, religious celebration, and five-day carnival and family fun fest is a fun, safe tradition for families to enjoy.The festival is sponsored by the Italian-American fishing community of Gloucester, and has all kinds of family oriented activities and events that celebrate the Italian and fishing traditions of the oldest sea port in the United States!
Sunday, July 1, 2012
- 10 am - Celebration of Mass of St. Peter
- 12 Noon - Religious procession follows the Mass
- 12 noon - Midnight - Fiesta amusement rides & attractions
- 3 pm - Blessing of the Fleet at Stacy Boulevard
- 3 pm - Concert, U.S. Navy Band Northeast
- 4:45 pm - Sports events at Beach Court; Seine boat races and Greasy Pole final
- 6 pm - Concert by St. Alfio's Band at St. Peter's Park.
- 6:30 pm - Children's Pinata contest at Pascucci Court
- 7:30 pm - Awards ceremony for winners of sporting events
8:30 pm - Musical entertainment featuring Gianni Faraone with Ray Cavichio and his mini Big band with Natalie Pinto.
Schedules for other Fiesta Days:
- Saint Peter's Fiesta - Opening Night
- Saint Peter's Fiesta - Thursday
- Saint Peter's Fiesta - Friday
- Saint Peter's Fiesta - Saturday
US Navy Band Northeast Performs in Times Square
The rides this year are fantastic and there is a ride for all age groups. Here's a list of the amusement rides & attractions at the 2012 St. Peter's Fiesta:
- Freak Out
- Arctic Blast
- Starship Exodus
- Slide Crazy Bus
- Orient Express
- Rockin' Tug
- Round Up
- Gondola Wheel
- Sea Dragon
- Mardi Gras
For up-to-the-minute coverage of the 2012 St. Peter's Fiesta, visit Good Morning Gloucester.